Welcome to our dedicated Superstar face and body paint blog.

Our new blog will be written by different face and body painting artists from around the UK, giving tips, tricks and reviews on the Superstar paint brand.

Monday 6 August 2012

How Brierley Thorpe Created Her Wining Design


Here is how the winner of our Superstar Pure Silver competition Brierley Thorpe created her winning design:

I only had a rough idea for this robot (who we decided, afterwards, was in fact a robot- pharaoh), and didn’t sketch out any ideas beforehand, as I was so up against it, time-wise. I was aiming for a sleek, smooth, sci-fi look, which would follow the facial contours, using the Superstar Silver and other complimentary shimmers from the range (I have a few, now!).
I started with the eye areas then drew the main sections in black straight on, without blocking. Next, I painted a wider line of Silver Shimmer inside my black lines with a wide flat ‘Tag’ brush, then dragged this line of colour into the blank spaces, before sponging, to fill. I then darkened certain areas with Ziva (my favourite Superstar, and currently my most frequently used face paint) a dark cherry from Grimas, plus Paradise black, to intensify the colour and ‘sink’ the low areas.
All detailing on the design was painted in Diamond FX black, using a Grimas No.2 brush. The forehead was painted last,with the aim of creating a slightly raised convex disc made up of control panels.
I lightly sponged another layer of silver over some of the areas painted with Ziva, painted the hair, ears and neck, and finished with white highlights and glitter.
Products used:
Superstar Silver Shimmer
Superstar Ziva Shimmer
Grimas 507
Diamond FX Black
Diamond FX White
Paradise Black
Grimas Silver glitter

Brierley x




www.furfangfairy.com



 Well done to Brierley on her winning design



No comments:

Post a Comment